- Management training within the Hospitality and Catering sector is essential.
- Experience at supervisory level within a large team is essential. Previous experience at Assistant Manager or Manager level would be highly advantageous.
- Experience within a hotel environment is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Micros and Quadranet software systems would be advantageous.
As Assistant Food & Beverage Manager you will be responsible for ensuring guest satisfaction within a large Food & Beverage department incorporating Bar & Restaurant, Conference & Events and Room Service. Your responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordinating and directing employees to ensure the delivery of excellent customer service within all food & beverage areas; including bar & restaurant, conference & events and room service.
- Maximising sales, profits and customer satisfaction.
- Assisting the Manager in running the bar & restaurant, conference & events and room service.
- Respond to audits that are completed by the company to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Assist the manager in controlling the food and beverage budget, in relation to occupancy, departmental expenses and staff rotas.
- Ensuring that all the administration, cash control, stock control and security procedures are adhered to by self and team members.
- Assisting in managing the teams effectively with regards to recruitment, staff training, rotas and staff development.
Strong leadership and communication skills are essential, as is the ability to lead the large team in the absence of the Manager. You will have the initiative and drive to take the food and beverage department forward, ensuring that the highest level of customer care is delivered.
You will be friendly and approachable; you will go the extra mile for our guests; you will provide highly consistent good service and you will lead by example.
Apex Hotels is a family owned Scottish company based in Edinburgh, London, Glasgow, Dundee and Bath, operating with Customer service as the primary focus for all members of the Apex Hotel team. The company has a reputation for providing a 'friendly face' to all guests and aims to provide positive opportunities for interaction with staff at every property.
- Use of gym & pool facilities
- Free meals when on duty
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Discounted room rates for staff and friends and family
- Employee of the month/year reward scheme
- Guest experience overnight stay
- Annual anniversary dinner for two
- Contributions to a Pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Critical illness cover
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Spa discount
If you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity click ‘apply'. We look forward to hearing from you!
About Apex Grassmarket Hotel
Located in the heart of Old Town Edinburgh, this contemporary hotel is surrounded by culture. With Fantastic views of Edinburgh Castle views from the hotel, it is a few minutes walk from the Royal Mile and the National Museum of Scotland.
The Apex Grassmarket Hotel has 169 bedrooms and has Deluxe Rooms which feature castle views and outdoor balconies. With seasonally rotating menus, the restaurant attracts locals and guests alike. Open for lunch and dinner in the shadow of Edinburgh Castle, the restaurant's menu riffs on Scottish classics with creative twists.