The moment our guests walk through the door, we are always ready to greet them with enthusiasm and thoughtful suggestions on things to do and see in the neighbourhood - so guests go home with an inspiring and refreshingly local experience.
Hotel Indigo Newcastle looks for people like who are: energetic and approachable people who are always curious to discover more, people who care enough to share thoughtful suggestions - inspiring guests to experience all that the neighbourhood has to offer.
The Hotel Indigo Newcastle is located in the heart of Grainger Town. With 148 guestrooms, this is a fresh hotel where guests can enjoy the vibrancy and uniqueness of the local neighbourhood. At the moment, Hotel Indigo is looking for an Assistant Night Manager to join our team.
An Assistant Night Manager contributes to the first and last impressions of our guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Seek to achieve positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Check guests in/out
- Make room reservations in the absence of Reservations department
- Assist Night manager with out-bookings
- Assist Night Manager with fire/security walks
- Assist Night Manager with daily night audit
- Assist with guests luggage and other requests, as necessary
- Collection of breakfast cards from guest bedroom doors and prepare when needed
- Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures when required
- Attend appropriate training courses, when required, and assist with the Night Team’s training and development
- Demonstrate current knowledge of hotel products, services, pricing and policies, as well as knowledge of the local neighbourhood
- Assist other departments, as necessary
- Take control of shift during Night Managers absence/holidays
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the follow:
- Previous supervisory experience
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of guest experience
- Excellent grooming standards
- Competent level of IT Proficiency
- Experience of opera use would be an advantage
- Previous experience of working with limited people resources (working nightshift)
How do we Reward you?
Great rewards are aligned to joining our portfolio, not only do Interstate offer great discounts for Staff, Friends & Family within all their UK hotels, but you also get to experience your own brand benefits, World Wide!!! Plus we have a very successful Training Academy that awaits you, to support your development and career across all brands.
So if you have a great personality, are results driven, and can be a valued team member, especially during pressured times, then we want to hear from you!