A four-star luxury hotel, sitting on 280 acres of woodland and overlooking the beautiful River Tay, sits the Dunkeld House Hotel; and with 98 bedrooms with a selection of conference and event facilities, we're looking for your help as a conference and banqueting manager!
As Conference & Banqueting Manager you will be responsible for the management of all meetings and events business, ensuring the delivery of high standards of service.
- Manage the day-to-day Meetings & Events operations.
- Manage the planning and co-ordination of all weddings and events.
- Ensure the correct set-up of meeting rooms, in accordance with client specifications and special requests.
- Pro-actively manage and lead team members, to ensure maximum productivity and satisfaction.
- Work with various suppliers to hire the relevant equipment, while efficiently managing costs.
- To ensure that guests receive an efficient, friendly, consistent and personalised service from yourself and all members of the team
- Development of the team through training, guidance and communication
- Work closely with the Wedding, Events and Operations Manager’s to plan and exceed customer expectations
- To work with the HR Assistant to ensure the management of the team recruitment process
- Administration of team matters such as absence management, appraisals, annual leave requests, disciplinary, grievance and performance management
- Management of all statutory and company regulations relating to health & safety, hygiene, fire and emergency procedures
- To ensure that the security of all areas is maintained at all times.
- Previous experience of working in a similar role would be preferred, but we will consider applications from exceptional assistant banqueting managers looking for their first head of department role
- Experience working with large volumes in a four star hotel environment is essential
- No formal qualifications necessary, but some form of hospitality training such as SVQ, NVQ would be beneficial
- Strong customer service and time management skills, an attention to detail and good communication skills are vital
- Must be self-motivated and a natural leader
- Must be smart and well presented
- Competitive Salary
- Childcare vouchers
- Free meals when on duty
- Friends and Family discount on accommodation and food/refreshments at the hotel.