Initial 6 month fixed term with view to becoming permanent.
The Scottish Tourism Alliance (STA) is the largest member organisation for tourism businesses in Scotland and the leading representative body for its tourism industry. Our focus is to shape a vibrant tourism industry for Scotland’s visitors and people and influence the creation of industry-friendly policy through evidence to enable Scotland’s tourism industry to reach its growth potential.
The STA also leads the facilitation, coordination, ongoing development and delivery of the National Strategy: Tourism Scotland 2020.
The STA has grown its business base significantly over the past year and we now have the need for a events & business administrator, who will play an important part in helping to deliver the STA signature events and provide excellent administrative support across the business.
Tasks will include the following:
- Assisting with the co-ordination and planning of STA events
- Co-ordinating Eventbrite. This will include creating events, running reports, adding and editing information
- Co-ordinating the STA events calendar(s)
- Attending events and supporting with the registration desk & exhibitor area
Other Tasks you may be required to support on:
- Supporting with and responding to membership enquiries, administering the enrolment and the renewal process
- Website support (WordPress)
- Database management (mail chimp, excel)
- Marketing Support
- Other ad-hoc admin and office tasks as required.
The following skills are required:
- Attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of Eventbrite would be desirable but not essential as training can be provided
- Knowledge of WordPress would be desirable but not essential as training can be provided
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Good telephone manner
- Able to work on own initiative within a small team
The role is primarily office based,12 hours per week over 3 mornings/afternoons (flexible) Monday to Wednesday. The work will take place at the STA office, which is based at Old Town Jail, St John Street, Stirling, FK8 1EA.
You will be required to travel to be on hand to support the events organised by the STA.
If you feel you have the necessary skills required and are interested in joining a small dynamic team in a leading organisation in the tourism sector, then please apply today!