The Dunstane Houses is currently looking for a Front of House Duty Manager to join our small team.
The Dunstane Houses is a newly awarded 5 star and utterly unique boutique hotel for Edinburgh. Our guests remember us for the friendly and personal service of our Front of House team - it is their lasting memory of their stay with us and of great importance to our service and standards.
To help us on this journey going forward we are looking for a team member with a passion for great customer service, authentic Scottish hospitality and a can-do attitude. Hotel experience is essential but training will be given in all areas.
We have a full time position available - with shifts as per rota – covering a mixture of weekday and weekend shifts, checking guests in and out, dealing with all questions and queries, reservations, helping in the lounge and bar area in both our Hampton House and Dunstane House. You will be expected to manage the staff on your shift and ensure all procedures are being followed correctly.
What we expect from you:
- Ensuring guest satisfaction at all times
- Checking guests in and out and dealing with comments/queries and complaints as necessary
- Taking orders and serving in the Ba' bar and Lounge
- Assisting Operations Manager in all areas during your shift – check in/out and door manning as required
- Comply with all Health and Safety procedures and policies
- Following all procedures
- Admin duties as required
- Helping with luggage
- Front of House cleanliness and organisation at all times
What the Dunstane Houses will offer you:
- Personal training and development specific to your job role
- Visits to suppliers for familiarisation and training where possible
- Meals from our kitchen during your shift
- An open and approachable management eager to hear all your ideas for our continued improvement.
- Frequent appraisals and review
Please apply with cover letter and CV