Do you have the confidence, energy and charisma to lead our kitchen team?
We’re looking for a motivated and talented hands on chef to take overall responsibility for our kitchen operation and manage the team. Able to work well under pressure, you’ll be confident cooking food in a busy environment: you might be an experienced Head Chef, or a strong Sous Chef looking for the next step in your career. A passion for food preparation, presentation and menus is essential.
Hardworking, diligent and flexible, you’ll take pride in all aspects of the role, especially food preparation. You’ll create new dishes and menus, and will monitor portions and waste control to maintain profit margins. A good communicator, you’ll train and develop the kitchen staff to provide outstanding quality and service.
The role’s responsibilities include admin tasks such as stock control, working within budgets, staff manning, and dealing with suppliers. You’ll also be expected to maintain the highest standards of hygiene and health and safety, and to ensure that all our policies and procedures are followed.
What we need from you
- Minimum Level 3 Food Hygiene Certificate
- SVQ2 catering certificate or equivalent
- A working knowledge of HACCP and COSHH
- A passion for delivering great service
- A diligent approach to preparing food in a busy kitchen
- The confidence, energy and charisma to inspire and lead your team
- Organisational and management skills
What we offer
- Staff uniform
- Flexible working pattern over 7 days
- Competitive salary
- Staff meals
- Entry to our employee Fair Fund
- Discounted rates across our group of hotels