Our people have spoken! We are one of the top 50 best companies to work for in London and Scotland.
Here at Apex Hotels, we offer unlimited opportunities for professional and personal growth, the unique privilege to be coached and mentored by some of the best professionals in the industry and an all-round warm and friendly work environment. It goes without saying that we also offer generous pay and benefits too.
We are looking for a Head Chef who is warm and friendly, has a can-do attitude and puts our guests at the heart of everything they do.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Overall accountability for the daily operation of the kitchen.
- Leading a brigade of chefs catering for Restaurant, Bar, Conference and Functions.
- Producing menus, developing and enhancing our food offering
- Taking responsibility and accountability for all aspects of the management of the kitchens including operating within company standards and in compliance with all Health and Safety and Food Safety legislation.
- Ensuring that the preparation, cooking and presentation of food consistently meets company standards.
- Reacting to, and exceeded the needs and expectations of our guests.
- Maximising sales and profit while ensuring guest satisfaction at all times.
- Liaising with suppliers to provide the best food in terms of quality and price
- Coaching, training and supporting all Chefs to provide consistently high standards, while continually looking to improve.
- Deliver all standards in line with internal and external audits to ensure continual improvement.
- Controlling the Kitchen budget, in relation to occupancy, departmental expenses and labour costs.
- Liaising with the Front of House team to drive sales and support team training.
You will display confidence and strong leadership ability with a flair and passion for food and the ability to create and deliver the highest standards in menu offerings. You will have strong business acumen and the ability to forecast sales and achieve budgets. You will have the talent to build, develop and motivate a team to deliver excellent levels of customer care.
You will be friendly and approachable; you will go the extra mile for our guests; you will provide highly consistent good service and you will lead by example.
Why join Apex Hotels?
With a dynamic environment, warm and welcoming people, great career opportunities, this is one job where you’ll look forward to coming to work. We also offer great benefits which include:
Free gym membership
Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
50% discount in our restaurants
Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
Apex employee app to keep you up-to-date with what’s happening in your hotel and across the company
Referral bonus when your friends join the team
Discounted room rates - visit our hotels in the UK for just £30/£50 per night
Help to buy a bike
Ongoing training and development
Employee of the Month and Awards Ceremony to celebrate your achievements
Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
Contributions to a pension scheme
Access to legal and financial advice
Critical illness cover
About Apex Hotels
We are a stylish and contemporary collection of family-owned 4* boutique hotels located in London, Scotland and Bath. Each hotel has its own unique character, but one thing’s for certain, we pride ourselves on delivering a Warmer Welcome to all our guests, no matter which hotel they choose to stay in.
If you'd like to join us as a Head Chef, then please click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!