Our people have spoken! We are one of the top 50 best companies to work for in London.
Here at Apex Hotels, we offer unlimited opportunities for professional and personal growth, the unique privilege to be coached and mentored by some of the best professionals in the industry and an all-round warm and friendly work environment. It goes without saying that we also offer generous pay and benefits too.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Maintenance Technician for our Apex City of London Hotel. This role presents an ideal opportunity for a strong maintenance technician looking to develop the skills to progress in their career.
As Maintenance Technician, your responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out preventative maintenance work and administrative duties necessary to maintain the facility to the highest standard.
- Ensuring all statutory checks are carried out and recorded.
- Maintaining the maintenance reporting procedure to ensure that all issues are reported, repaired and recorded.
- Being proactive and take ownership of different situations.
- Being on call as required and tackle the arising tasks reported by other departments.
- Assisting on completion of various projects.
- Covering weekend shifts 9am – 5:30pm in exceptional cases.
- Previous experience in general maintenance, plumbing, tiling and mastic/silicone
- Expertise with light electrics (lamps and sockets to be changed as like for like).
- Relevant electrical qualifications and experience are desirable but not mandatory.
- IT skills including familiarity with Outlook
You will show initiative, be able to prioritise your work load and be able to work on your own. You will be results orientated and commercially aware with excellent communication skills and the ability to build respect and good working relationships with all levels within the organisation.
Why join Apex Hotels?
With a dynamic environment, warm and welcoming people, great career opportunities, this is one job where you’ll look forward to coming to work. We also offer great benefits which include:
- · Free gym membership
- · Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- · 50% discount in our restaurants
- · Discounted room rates - visit our hotels in Scotland and Bath for just £50 per night.
- · Help to buy a bike
- · Ongoing training and development
- · Employee of the Month and Awards Ceremony to celebrate your achievements
- · Contributions to a pension scheme
- · Access to legal and financial advice
- · Critical illness cover
If you would like to join us as Maintenance Technician, please click "Apply"