Our people have spoken! We are one of the top 50 best companies to work for in London and Scotland.
Here at Apex Hotels, we offer unlimited opportunities for professional and personal growth, the unique privilege to be coached and mentored by some of the best professionals in the industry and an all-round warm and friendly work environment. It goes without saying that we also offer generous pay and benefits too.
We are looking for an Operations Manager who is warm and friendly, has a can-do attitude and puts our guests at the heart of everything they do.
- A proven track record in strategically managing hotel operations across all areas of the business.
- Strong team management and organisational skills gained in a 4 or 5 star hotel.
- Proven experience of delivering on balance scorecard results.
We are seeking an experienced standards driven individual with passion, drive and enthusiasm to fulfil the role of Operations Manager. Managing all Heads of Department as direct reports your responsibilities will include:
- Providing effective support and management to all Heads of Department
- Supporting the General Manager in the delivery of the hotel Balance scorecard.
- Contributing to the success of the hotel by ensuring that the highest standards of product and service are maintained and delivered at all times whilst maximising profitability in line with budget.
- Maintaining effective communication throughout the hotel by managing the daily meetings, weekly and monthly reviews.
- Managing the performance of Departmental Managers through business planning and objective setting.
- Ensuring that hotel brand standards are continuously delivered.
- Respond to audits that are completed by the company to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- To ensure effective succession planning is carried out and that regular job chats and performance appraisals take place across all departments.
- To implement the disciplinary procedures where appropriate.
- To ensure all Health and Safety training is carried out, recorded and tracked in accordance with the company standard and legal requirements.
- To review hours worked weekly to ensure that budget is maintained and payroll costs are kept in line with forecasted sales.
- Assist the General Manager in controlling the hotel budget, in relation to occupancy, expenses and staffing.
- Deputise in the absence of the General Manager
With a passion for customer satisfaction you will be proactive, show initiative and also be able to demonstrate leadership achievements. You will have evidence of motivating and developing department managers and be flexible on working hours. You will see this opportunity as a fantastic platform for the grounding required to move into your first General Manager position.
You will be friendly and approachable; you will go the extra mile for our guests; you will provide highly consistent good service and you will lead by example.
Why join Apex Hotels?
With a dynamic environment, warm and welcoming people, great career opportunities, this is one job where you’ll look forward to coming to work. We also offer great benefits which include:
Free gym membership
Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
50% discount in our restaurants
Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
Apex employee app to keep you up-to-date with what’s happening in your hotel and across the company
Referral bonus when your friends join the team
Discounted room rates - visit our hotels in the UK for just £30/£50 per night
Help to buy a bike
Ongoing training and development
Employee of the Month and Awards Ceremony to celebrate your achievements
Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
Contributions to a pension scheme
Access to legal and financial advice
Critical illness cover
About Apex Hotels
We are a stylish and contemporary collection of family-owned 4* boutique hotels located in London, Scotland and Bath. Each hotel has its own unique character, but one thing’s for certain, we pride ourselves on delivering a Warmer Welcome to all our guests, no matter which hotel they choose to stay in.
If you'd like to join us as a Operations Manager, then please click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!