Our people have spoken! We are one of the top 50 best companies to work for in London & Scotland.
Here at Apex Hotels, we offer unlimited opportunities for professional and personal growth, the unique privilege to be coached and mentored by some of the best professionals in the industry and an all-round warm and friendly work environment. It goes without saying that we also offer generous pay and benefits too.
We are looking for a Public Area Cleaner who is warm and friendly, has a can-do attitude and puts our guests at the heart of everything they do.
- Previous experience of working in a housekeeping department is preferred but not essential as training will be provided.
As Public Area Cleaner you are responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of the entire hotel including public areas, Food & Beverage outlets and back of house areas. Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring public areas are kept to a high standard of cleanliness at all times.
- General dusting of furniture, fixings and fittings, sweeping of floors, mopping floors, vacuuming, polishing floors using electrical buffing machine, polishing furniture and cleaning internal glass.
- Accurate record keeping and reporting on time sheets and Health and Safety records.
- Responding immediately to conflicting demands in workloads and re-prioritising as necessary.
- Monitoring and maintaining adequate levels of cleaning materials and consumables.
You will be an enthusiastic and friendly individual, responsible for the general standard of cleanliness throughout Apex's facilities. You should be flexible and a team player. You need to be able to work efficiently and effectively and must have a good eye for detail and good timekeeping skills.
You will be friendly and approachable; you will go the extra mile for our guests; you will provide highly consistent good service and you will lead by example.
Why join Apex Hotels?
With a dynamic environment, warm and welcoming people, great career opportunities, this is one job where you’ll look forward to coming to work. We also offer great benefits which include:
- Free gym membership
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Apex employee app to keep you up-to-date with what’s happening in your hotel and across the company
- Referral bonus when your friends join the team
- Discounted room rates - visit our hotels in the UK for just £30/£50 per night
- Help to buy a bike
- Ongoing training and development
- Employee of the Month and Awards Ceremony to celebrate your achievements
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Access to legal and financial advice
- Critical illness cover
About Apex Hotels
We are a stylish and contemporary collection of family-owned 4* boutique hotels located in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dundee, London and Bath.
Each hotel has its own unique character, but one thing’s for certain, we pride ourselves on delivering a Warmer Welcome to all our guests, no matter which hotel they choose to stay in.
If you'd like to join us as a Public Area Cleaner, then please click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!