- Experience within a restaurant operation is essential or experience within a 4 star hotel operation would be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of food and wine.
As a Restaurant and Bars Shift Leader your main responsibilities will be leading service and the team during Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner as well as ongoing staff training. You will ensure a smooth delivery of service is given to the guests, ensuring customer service standards are met and customer enquiries are dealt with efficiently. Your responsibilities will include:
- Taking responsibility for training and development on each shift.
- Leading each service.
- Taking responsibility for customer complaints.
- Encouraging customer feedback and reviews.
- Be able to work in all areas of Food and Beverage including Bar, Restaurant, Room Service and Conference.
- Ensure yourself and the team welcome guests to their table in a polite and friendly manner
- Up-sell our products in line with departmental incentives
You will be an excellent organiser with a passion for providing excellent customer care. You will have the initiative and drive to assist the manager in promoting the Food and Beverage department. You will have excellent communication skills and be able to motivate your team, as well as delegate tasks.
Apex Hotels is a family owned Scottish company based in Edinburgh, London, Glasgow, Dundee and Bath, operating with Customer service as the primary focus for all members of the Apex Hotel team. The company has a reputation for providing a 'friendly face' to all guests and aims to provide positive opportunities for interaction with staff at every property.
- Use of gym & pool facilities
- Free meals when on duty
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Discounted room rates for staff and friends and family
- Employee of the month/year reward scheme
- Guest experience overnight stay
- Annual anniversay dinner for two
- Contributions to a Pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Critical illness cover
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Spa discount
If you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity click ‘apply’. We look forward to hearing from you!