Interstate Hotels & Resorts are now looking to recruit a Sales Effectiveness Director to oversee a region of hotels within our UK&I portfolio.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the International Division of leading U.S.-based global hotel management company, Aimbridge Hospitality. Thousands of hotel owners, colleagues and guests have discovered the Interstate difference in our 100-property portfolio of hotels in the UK, Ireland, Europe and Russia, part of a global 1,400-property portfolio.
This is a strategic sales leadership role supporting hotels within your region to drive total sales revenues. You will focus on being proactive, results driven and ensure your teams maximise profitability within their individual properties.
Reporting directly to the VP Sales, you will be an active member of Interstate's senior team, representing the company at ownership meetings, board meetings, brand meetings and leading and driving agreed sales initiatives across the portfolio.
Working towards the key objectives of optimising total revenue, driving premium market share, creating a ‘winning sales culture', training, coaching and supporting hotel sales teams, and driving brand engagement and contribution, your role will also include:
- Supporting hotels in the commercial planning process, annually and quarterly
- Establishing and maintaining an effective communication structure within the regional team
- Supporting General Managers in the recruitment of their sales teams
- Working collaboratively with other commercial leads to promote key activity that supports the achievement of the sales strategy
- Engaging with all brand partners in your region and ensuring the brand tools are being utilised, and hotels explore all opportunities to engage in brand activity.
- Sharing and implementing best practice in sales & marketing activity across the hotels.
- Ensuring key annual sales processes are managed effectively
- Liaising with Interstate's central Marketing team to establish and implement a fully budgeted commercial plan for new openings in your region
- Ensuring your sales team have the tools, resources and training needed to effectively carry out their roles.
- Recognising and rewarding performance, successes and results across your hotels
- Ensuring your hotel Sales Managers produce a monthly sales report in line with agreed company standards
- Staying abreast of industry developments, seeking out, identifying and analysing potential commercial opportunities
This will be a field-based role that will require significant travel across the UK and Ireland, as such you will hold a full UK driving license and be located within close proximity of major transport networks.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Multi hotel unit sales management experience, delivering results across differing markets
- Excellent leadership, communication, presentation and mentoring skills
- Ability to effectively influence multiple brand partners
- Knowledge of business, transient, conference, leisure and F&B sales markets
- Experience of working with a global hotel brand and able to align closely with and deliver on brand strategies
- Strong customer relationship management skills and ability to negotiate
- Knowledge of revenue management and account profitability, RFP and processes
- Strong organisational skills, effective decision-making skills, and innovation
- Business acumen skills, ability to forecast, read and understand hotel performance to be able to suggest innovative solutions
- Ability to support, develop and implement successful commercial strategies
- Flexible, adaptable and able to respond and thrive within a constantly changing and growing organization.
- Ability to stay focused and be self-motivated, able to prioritise and plan own workload, work under pressure, manage multiple projects at one time and meet deadlines.
In return we offer an industry leading salary and benefit package and pride ourselves on investing in your ongoing career development within Interstate Hotels & Resorts, the Global third-party management group of choice.
Interested? Click apply and start your journey with Interstate Hotels & Resorts today. Your dream job awaits…
At Interstate, we recognise that people are the heart of our business. As a Global leader, we are committed to representing our Global community and enabling everyone to Be Their Best Selves.