Our people have spoken! We are one of the top 50 best companies to work for in London.
Here at Apex Hotels, we offer unlimited opportunities for professional and personal growth, the unique privilege to be coached and mentored by some of the best professionals in the industry and an all-round warm and friendly work environment. It goes without saying that we also offer generous pay and benefits too.
We are looking for a Sous Chef who is warm and friendly, has a can-do attitude and puts our guests at the heart of everything they do.
- A proven track record and strong management and organisational skills gained in a 3 or 4 star hotel kitchen.
- Previous experience at Senior Chef De Partie or Junior Sous Chef level is essential.
- A good knowledge of Health and Food Safety.
As Sous Chef you will assist the Head Chef in the running of the kitchen. Your roles and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the cleanliness on the kitchen and store areas are in line with food hygiene legislation
- You will assist the Head Chef with the management and training of the kitchen team and also the recruitment of new chef's.
- You will lead the team in the Head Chefs absence.
- You will assist with the financial and commercial aspects of the department, involving ordering and managing stock.
- Respond to audits that are completed by the company to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Assist the manager in controlling the kitchen budget, in relation to occupancy, department expenses and staff rota's.
You will have excellent people management and organisational skills combined with a passion for creating and delivering the highest standards in menu offering. You will also be target driven, show a good understanding of GP and financial acumen, have a positive approach to feedback and always look for improvement within budgets constraints. You will have a good knowledge of Health and Food Safety and ensure the team are implementing excellent standards.
You will be friendly and approachable; you will go the extra mile for our guests; you will provide highly consistent good service and you will lead by example.
Apex Hotels is a family owned Scottish company based in Edinburgh, London, Glasgow, Dundee and Bath, operating with Customer service as the primary focus for all members of the Apex Hotel team. The company has a reputation for providing a 'friendly face' to all guests and aims to provide positive opportunities for interaction with staff at every property.
Why join Apex Hotels?
With a dynamic environment, warm and welcoming people, great career opportunities, this is one job where you'll look forward to coming to work. We also offer great benefits which include:
- Use of gym & pool facilities
- Free meals when on duty
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Discounted room rates for staff and friends and family
- Employee of the month/year reward scheme
- Guest experience overnight stay
- Annual anniversay dinner for two
- Contributions to a Pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Critical illness cover
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Spa discount
If you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity click ‘apply'. We look forward to hearing from you!