This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy and enthusiastic brigade, committed to showcasing the very best of Scotland's produce and with an ongoing desire to exceed guests expectations. Ideally the successful candidate will have recent experience at recognised establishments at sous chef level minimum for 3 years and possess excellent organisation and communication skills. Along with the Head Chef, you will play a key role in maintaining and building the properties already excellent reputation and have the desire and determination to climb the career ladder and help take the business to an even higher level.
Using your outstanding experience and leadership skills you will be working closely with the head chef and the front of house management team to deliver core standards and provide our guests with a great stay every time. A hands on and flexible approach is required here to lead from the front.
As Sous Chef your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Head Chef to take responsibility for the kitchen department, food cost, ordering, menu design, food and health and safety
- Ensure that all dishes are prepared with attention to detail and to the highest standard ensuring company spec is met at all times
- Manage the kitchen brigade, motivate the team and share knowledge, training and developing chefs within the team
- Work with the head chef to create menus which showcase the best local food producers thereby highlighting the wealth of great local and seasonal products.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations and hygiene legislation.
The ideal candidate will be:
- You must be passionate about food with an ongoing desire to exceed guests expectations.
- You must be organised, an excellent communicator, and a hands-on manager with excellent attention to detail.
- Similar quality kitchen experience is required, and an excellent knowledge of food is essential
- The ability to work in a fast paced and high pressured environment is necessary
- Availability to work shifts, including evenings and weekends as per business needs
- Have excellent personal presentation and be consummately professional at all times.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and rewards structure, including training and career development opportunities.
- Access to courses including Modern Apprenticeships.
- Tips – Our staff keep 100% of tips earned
- Uniform provided
- All meals on duty
To apply for this role please email your CV to email@example.com